Robert Half International Customer Service Representative in San Diego, California
As a Customer Service Representative, you will have the rewarding opportunity to help our client members through the enrollment process and when making updates to their health care and/or pension plans. We allow you the freedom to take the time necessary to provide the highest level of service. You will spend your day either on the phone or providing assistance through webchat conversations and email. We provide superior service center environment in professional buildings where you will be recognized for your dedication.
This position would start remote but would eventually be at our client's office in San Diego, 92130 zip code, where equipment will also be picked up on the first day of the assignment. They are working on returning employees to the office but unsure of the time table.
• Quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations by responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments via phone, email and instant message
• Ability to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities while maintaining professionalism, and diplomacy during difficult calls
• Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements
• Skillfully translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
• Read and understand client’s plan documents and online knowledge base tools while collecting relevant information to determine immediate requests/questions and also to anticipate the future needs of the member
• Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and compliance with company and client procedures and guidelines providing appropriate and accurate information
• Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes in a professional manner
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively using the English language in a customer service setting, including verbal and written communication skills in a grammatically correct way
• Ability to quickly assess member concerns and formulate a response/resolution using analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a structured environment – adhering, following protocols
• High level attention to detail, multi-tasking, and ability to organize work
• Experience using Microsoft Office with a strong ability to juggle multiple open computer windows to answer questions while on the phone/instant messaging
• Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated team environment
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Experience working in a customer service environment
• High School degree required
The following are a plus
• Associate or bachelor’s degree nice to have
• Working knowledge of health and welfare and/or defined benefit pension plans
• Experience working in a call center environment
• Ability to read, write and speak Spanish
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.