Robert Half International Full Charge Bookkeeper in San Diego, California
You'll find that the opening through Robert Half Finance and Accounting Contracts for a Full Charge Bookkeeper is an excellent opportunity here in La Jolla! You will be responsible for all general accounting and bookkeeping functions, such as preparing financial statements, and establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives.
This is a long-term temporary, Full Charge Bookkeeper position is located in San Diego, CA
· Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable; handling collections as needed
· Completing bank and general ledger reconciliations; processing payroll
· Putting together the trial balance and financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement
· Maintaining adherence to federal, state, and local legal requirements by keeping up to date on them, filing reports, and advising management on needed actions
· Tracking fixed assets and constructing depreciation schedules
· Filing documents to maintain historical records
· Ensuring monthly, quarterly and year end close happens accurately and on time
· Supervising accounting clerks and entry-level bookkeepers
· Can work independently with minimal supervision
· Proficient at analyzing financial data and promptly creating accurate reports
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
· Excel, Quickbooks, and Peachtree experience desired
· Knowledgeable of accrual and cash basis of accounting
· 5+ years of experience in the bookkeeping field
· High school diploma or comparable diploma with an AA degree or higher in Accounting or Business preferred
· Show the ability to adapt and learn new techniques and skill sets when required
· Experience with payroll preferred
· Deep understanding of journal entries
· Solid understanding of month end closings
· Account reconciliation experience preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.