Robert Half International Accounts Payable Specialist in San Francisco, California
An innovative, tech start-up headquartered in San Francisco is seeking an ambitious Accounts Payable Specialist to join their fast-paced and dynamic team! If you are looking for a progressive career to expand your knowledge and experience, this is your chance! The ideal candidate will be driven with solid communication skills and accounting knowledge that can effectively work in a team that is responsible for day-to-day transactions and activities. Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager and Controller, this candidate will be a fundamental contributor to our full cycle accounts payable invoicing and processing/reviewing expense reports. Volume can fluctuate, but you should have recent experience with handling a minimum 100-200 invoices a week. Successful team members with ability to work in fast-paced/dynamic environments and pick up new things quickly!
We are currently recruiting a reliable candidate for a temporary to full-time position to assist the Accounting Department.
As the Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
• Matching, batching, coding, and entering invoices
• Entering, posting, and reconciling batches
• Researching and resolving issues with customers or vendors
• Updating and reconciling sub-ledger to the general ledger
• Assisting with preparing accruals and reconciling to the general ledger
• Maintaining accounts payable aging analysis
• Performing general ledger posting and monthly/year-end reconciliations
Accounts Payable Specialist Position Requirements:
• The ideal accounts payable candidate must have 5+ years of recent full-cycle Accounts Payable processing experience; those with fewer years of experience but feel confident are also encouraged to apply.
• Successful candidates should possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to work in a team environment.
• Proven attention to detail and an ability to work under tight deadlines is a must!
• Proficiency with excel skills (v-look up and pivot tables) is required
• Working experience with a cloud-based ERP system (SAP, Oracle, Great Plains, NetSuite, XERO, Intacct, etc.) is required
* If you believe that you will be a good fit for this opportunity, please send your updated resume (in Word format) and a brief intro to Sabrina Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org *
Accountemps is the recognized leader in temporary financial staffing, providing excellent opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, credit and collections, data entry, finance, payroll, and taxation. Our relationships with top companies ensure our employees enjoy top pay, challenging careers and assignments with the best opportunities for full-time employment. Accountemps is a division of Robert Half International, which was included among Fortune magazine's list of "America's Most Admired Companies."
Accountemps, a Robert Half company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: October 15, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00410-9502726180
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance