Robert Half International Accounts Receivable Clerk with SF Hotel in San Francisco, California
A leading company in the hospitality industry located in San Francisco is looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk. There are multiple opportunities available with this position immediately. The position includes responsibilities such as billing and collecting all revenue owed to the hotel in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures. The AR Clerk will assist the Controller in directing the financial activities of the hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Sort and verify accuracy of Night Audit work (primarily receivables aspect), including reconciliation of banquet check extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and promotion checks with back-up. Record department administration phone calls and inform Controller of any potential concerns.
• Post city ledger payments in property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollectible accounts.
•Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards (AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards.
• Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
• Assist in reconciling open account status items.
• Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
• File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliations.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
• B.S. in Accounting or Hotel Management preferred.
• Experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to compile facts and figures.
• Ability to operate Windows/OS X Systems
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.