Robert Half Contracts Manager in San Francisco, California
Our client, a nonprofit in San Francisco, is looking for a Contracts and Grants Manager to join their team, reporting to the Director of Contracts. The Contracts Manager position requires specialized knowledge and experience in managing research, development, and service-related contracts, grants, and sub agreements; recognizing contractual and legal issues and recommending solutions to those issues. The successful candidate must have extensive experience with reviewing, redlining, and negotiating contracts and grants. Experience working with federal and public agencies and with FAR, EDGAR, OMB contracting processes and principles is advantageous, but not required. The candidate must have experience collaborating with numerous other infrastructure departments (Institutional Development, Finance, Accounting, IT, HR, etc.) in the development and maintenance of internal business processes & procedures and provide leadership in the implementation and dissemination of business processes. The candidate must be a team player, while supporting the work of the Director of Contracts, and work directly with numerous Program Directors, and various internal departments.
• BA/BS required;
• 5+ years’ experience working in public or research contract administration with all contract types (FFP, T& M, and Cost Reimbursement) within a public or research contracts management department.
• 3+ years’ experience working on business responses related to federal, state, or local proposals
• 5+ years’ experience negotiating complex contract terms & conditions
• Certificate in contracts management or procurement management desirable, but not required.
• Capable of properly escalating issues of concern to appropriate leaders, as well as identifying potential implications for scope, timeline, quality, or budgets to program leaders.
• Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines, strong communication skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.