Robert Half Insurance Authorization Coordinator in San Francisco, California
We are hiring a motivated Prior Authorization Specialist. This is a remote position (US only). Our work environment is fast-paced, with a collaborative atmosphere. Most of all, we are passionate about delivering innovations that improve the quality of health care and the patient experience. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team today!
The Prior Authorization Specialist is responsible for day-to-day processes to verify patient eligibility and benefits (insurance verification) as well as providing preauthorization services to patients throughout the United States. The typical daily workload consists of the following: eligibility investigations via phone and online web portals, obtaining authorizations as needed, collecting supporting clinical data from customers and documenting all activities in a customer support system. The ideal candidate will have experience with health insurance, benefits investigations, prior authorization requests, reimbursement, along with billing and coding.
What You Will Do:
• Verify insurance benefits for commercial and governmental payers
• Determine the predetermination, authorization, and referral requirements of each health plan and meeting the requirements prior to the delivery of services
• Procure medical records and additional data from patients and customers
• Maintaining accurate and complete documentation of all inquiries for continuous improvement
• 3 or more years of experience with health insurance, benefits investigations, reimbursement, along with billing and coding
• Exhibit strong problem-solving skills in resolving authorization issues both through verbal and written communications
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and stay organized in a high volume setting
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Experience with Salesforce (CRM) strongly preferred or other Customer Relationship Management systems
- • Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in healthcare field
* If you're interested in this position, please apply to this position and contact Meaghan O'Brien at meaghan.obrien - at - roberthalf - .com with your word resume and reference job ID# *
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.