Robert Half International Legal Secretary in San Francisco, California
One of the nation's largest firms is looking for a legal secretary to join their team in San Francisco! As a legal secretary, you will be supporting 5 attorneys who specialize in the labor and employment group. If you are proactive, organized, and looking to propel your legal career, this may be the role for you!
· Preparing case documents;
· Court filings with the Federal and State courts;
· Electronic filings in the United States District Courts (ECF) and state court;
· Searches within PACER;
· Calendaring litigation dates through ProLaw and maintaining attorney calendars;
· Preparing forms with the use of Judicial Council Forms;
· Identifying, marking and creating Table of Authorities;
· Providing trial support;
· Maintaining litigation binders/logs and case files;
· Client service;
· Document processing;
· Making travel arrangements and preparing travel itineraries;
· Processing new business intake and expense forms;
· Time entry;
· Answering phones and taking messages;
· Scheduling appointments; arranging meetings and conferences;
· Monitoring incoming mail, faxes, and e-mails;
· Filing and other administrative duties as assigned.
· Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma, post high school education preferred, and a minimum of five years of legal secretarial experience, preferably in a law firm or other legal environment.
· Legal experience in labor and employment, litigation knowledge of both state and federal court filing procedures, including eFilings is preferred.
· Knowledge of the deposition processes.
· Successful candidates will have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Solid organization skills, attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, and the ability to manage confidential information with discretion are also required.
· Excellent written/verbal communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are a must.
· Experience with Elite billing system, FileSite or similar document management system, and labor and employment law experience are preferred.
For immediate consideration, please send your updated resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with some of the best companies on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide project and eDiscovery teams and workspace for a wide range of initiatives, including litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, and document review matters. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Legal office at 888.490.5592 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/legal to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Robert Half is not a law firm and does not provide legal representation.
© 2020 Robert Half Legal. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: September 15, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00410-0011558719
Staffing Area: Legal