Robert Half International Paralegal in SAN FRANCISCO, California
Financial services company seeking a part time trust and estate paralegal or legal professional. JD is a plus or paralegal certificate, but not required. This will be hybrid- part remote and part in office and will start out at 20 hours a week with potential to ramp up. Could become temp to hire down the line.
· Be able to Independently review estate planning documents (e.g., Wills, Living Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Irrevocable Trusts)
· Assist with modeling wealth transfer strategies
· Perform research on an ad hoc basis for income, estate, gift, generation-skipping transfer (GST) tax and philanthropic issues
· Assist with one off questions and administrative tasks as requested
· At least 3 years working at a financial, accounting or law firm that provided relevant experience to give you confidence and comfort to perform the functions above
· Advanced degree or designation strongly desired (e.g., CFP, Paralegal certificate/degree, CPA, or JD (huge plus for an LLM, but not a requirement))
· Ability to review and understand basic estate planning documents and documents implementing more complex estate planning strategies, such as irrevocable trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTs), sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts and split-interest charitable trusts (CRTs, CLTs)
· Understanding of complex personal financial information (tax returns, investment statements, incentive benefits, employee benefits and compensation, life insurance policies, business interests)
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.