Robert Half Prestigious Real Estate Firm | Tax Manager in San Francisco, California
Please reach out to Katie Nealis via LinkedIn with your updated resume or text/call (650)388-2698 to be considered for the opportunity below.
Our client is a prestigious real estate investor operator. They have over 80 years investing in properties in core urban markets, maximizing their worth through active management, leasing, and the structuring and implementation of complex financial transactions.
The Tax Manager's responsibilities include:
· Technical knowledge of Federal and State partnership tax, real estate partnership taxation a plus.)
· Ability to understand and book inter-company journal entries.
· Taking responsibility and ownership of a project to meet project deadlines with a focus on organization and detail.
· Able to multitask and prioritize multiple large projects at the same time.
· Be proactive and take initiative to problem solve, using strong analytical/decision-making skills, to think thoroughly through a project.
· Calculation of tax depreciation for all capital expenditures
· Excellent written, oral, listening, and interpersonal skills. Preparation and review of partnership tax returns and supporting workpapers for multiple entities
· Perform tax research and keep current on tax fundamentals.
· Familiarity with 1031 Exchanges and 1061’s (capital gains)
· Monthly analysis of general ledger accounts and entering and posting of journal entries. .
· Work with government agencies to ensure permits and fee applications are kept up to date.
The ideal candidate:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. Master’s degree in Tax a plus.
· CPA or Enrolled Agent status is preferred.
· Experience in partnership and trust tax preparation.
· Experience working with general ledgers and preparing journal entries.
· Experience reconciling cash, (equity and fixed income portfolio accounts a plus).
· Strong computer skills including Excel, CCH Axcess, Asset Keeper Pro, MRI, or comparable accounting software.
Why work here?
Team Dynamic: Extremely nice people, collaborative and supportive environment, values teamwork, patient, appreciative of each other’s work
Learn from an accomplished SVP
Hybrid environment: 3 days in office, 2 working from home
Easy access via Bart
For details on salary, benefits and more detail, please reach out to Katie Nealis via LinkedIn or text/call (650)388-2698.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.