Robert Half Project Accountant in San Francisco, California
Robert Half has a full-time opportunity for Project Accountant candidates who want to become a critical part of an innovative company. We're looking for people who are driven by a challenging work environment with many components. This Project Accountant role's duties will require preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. If you can perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes, you will succeed in this role. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the San Francisco, California area, at a company where effort is rewarded. You might thrive in this role if you are a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
· Work with the project team and owner representatives to ensure the accurate and timely processing of invoices, payables, and billings, per the terms and conditions of the owner contract and in accordance with company guidelines.
· Ensure timely identification, and communication of problems and/or issues to the Project Manager.
· Work with Project Team(s) to identify, document, and implement “best practices” processes and procedures.
· Input subcontracts and change orders into the enterprise accounting system.
· Input owner budgets and change orders into the enterprise accounting system.
· Process vendor invoices/subcontract payments and retention requests.
· Input and maintain preliminary lien information.
· Review, input, and maintain subcontractor insurance information.
· Collect subcontractor, vendor and supplier lien releases as required.
· Prepare and submit deficiency Hold Notices.
· Work with the Project Team to ensure timely Project close out – solicitation of final releases.
· Maintain all Job Accounting files.
· Follow up on Accounts Receivable.
· Must have 3+ years construction accounting experience.
· Experience in multiple Construction based accounting software applications is desired.
· Understanding how to track, pay, manage, and work with subcontractors.
· Prior experience with budgets, monthly billings, change orders, contracts, lien waivers, and insurance.
· The ability to exhibit discretion & confidentiality when managing the various bill rates.
· Must be accurate and detail-oriented while working in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be able to work independently and as a team player in supporting both owner representatives & project teams.
· Reliable, dependable, and flexible.
· Strong effective English communication and telephone skills.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.