Robert Half International Senior Accountant Needed - 100% Remote in San Francisco, California
A successful professional services firm headquartered in San Francisco is hiring a Senior Accountant on a temporary-to-hire basis. This position is 100% remote and will be reporting to the Director of Accounting (Director), responsible for the management and control of financial statement preparation and general accounting task related to the accounting structure. This position requires review and validity of all information contained in the financial statements including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
Essential Functions as the Senior Accountant:
• Generate, review and validate financial statements.
• Responsible for monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information.
• Review and or prepare reconciliations and post journal entries related to accruals, prepaid accounts and other various general ledger activities.
• Prepare Monthly Financial Reporting packages to various groups and subsidiary companies under very tight close schedule.
• Prepare journal entries and maintain proper documentation and support of all entries.
• Prepare schedule and analyze various balance sheet general ledger accounts.
• Consolidate quarterly and annual financial statements for all affiliates.
• Assist Director with external auditors as part of the financial reporting process and prepare annual auditors report draft and supporting schedules.
• Work in partnership with members of the finance team (12 people) to support all functions and efforts related to financial reporting, accounting and general ledger and ensure accurate reporting of the financial statements.
• Support and assist as needed with Budgeting, Forecasting, and Cash Flow projects.
Senior Accountant Job Qualifications:
• Extremely strong proficiency in Excel - Advanced level must be able to work with macro supported data files.
• Proactive and independent self-starter.
• This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Requires 5 years of experience in the accounting field and or any combination of experience, education, and training which would provide the level of knowledge, skill, and ability required.
• Knowledge of technical and professional principles and skills of accounting including GAAP and IFRS; this position requires a detail oriented individual.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Highly detail oriented and organized in work with ability to meet assigned deadlines.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results.
* If you believe that you will be a good fit for this opportunity, please send your updated resume (in Word format) and a brief intro to Sabrina Scott at email@example.com. A member of our team will reach out/respond if you have the requirements needed. *
Accountemps is the recognized leader in temporary financial staffing, providing excellent opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, credit and collections, data entry, finance, payroll, and taxation. Our relationships with top companies ensure our employees enjoy top pay, challenging careers and assignments with the best opportunities for full-time employment. Accountemps is a division of Robert Half International, which was included among Fortune magazine's list of "America's Most Admired Companies."
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $40.00 - $48.00 / Hourly
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Posted: January 11, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 00410-9502813877
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance