Robert Half International Senior Corporate Counsel in SAN FRANCISCO, California
A leading software technology company is looking for an experienced Senior Corporate Counsel to join their team. This permanent position will offer partial remote work and can sit out of any of the companies United States locations. Offices include locations in the California Bay Area, Dallas and Austin Texas, New Jersey, and Boston areas. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of corporate and commercial experience, in-house experience is required. The role will report to the Deputy General Counsel.
• Draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial agreements including master services agreements, software licenses (inbound and outbound), vendor agreements, and partnership agreements.
• Advise business and cross-functional stakeholders in client management, human resources, operations, facilities, and finance on legal issues, compliance matters and applicable legal terms and negotiation strategies.
• Be a key contributor to our legal team’s efforts in preparation and implementation of our legal processes, policies, templates, and practices, and related trainings, including but not limited to anti-corruption, data privacy, and intellectual property.
• Support the legal department in other areas as needed.
• Consult with and manage outside counsel on litigation matters or external projects.
• 5-10 years of relevant legal experience, ideally with a combination of law firm training and at least one in-house role at a technology company.
• Demonstrated experience with commercial contract drafting and negotiating with multi-national companies, especially in an in-house environment. Candidate must have strong familiarity with drafting and negotiating intellectual property, warranty, indemnity and liability clauses.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, work in a fast-paced environment and to effectively communicate legal issues and policies to senior management.
• High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness.
• Great business and practical legal judgment.
• JD and/or LLM with a license to practice law.
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Location: SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00420-0011715730
Staffing Area: Legal