Robert Half International Director of Marketing in San Jose, California
Description This is an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Director to work with an award-winning Corporate Venture Capital fund in Silicon Valley and be responsible to shape the content agenda and strategic communications on the intersection of entrepreneurship and technological innovations. The role is central to our “entrepreneur first” thought leadership and involves liaising with the most innovative hard-tech startups in the world and our teams all around the world.
• Drive the creation and execution of timely and relevant thought leadership content at the intersection of entrepreneurship, sustainable investment themes, and meaningful innovative technologies to target entrepreneurs and corporate venturing audiences
• Help shape broader sustainability content strategy around United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals and our Long-Term Strategy on Social Value, drawing on experience in research, strategic communications, media relations, social media, event management, web design and online marketing
• Create and execute a highly effective editorial calendar and a robust communications strategy with the aim of driving thematic content in impact investing
• Write thought leadership deliverables (research reports, op-eds, commentaries and blog posts, case studies and other content) that advance our “entrepreneur first” vision, and bring our messaging to the wider innovation ecosystem
• Oversee the development of a communications strategy that spans print, web, earned media, and social media to help deliver the messages on the identified channels, working closely with our marketing agency, reviewing all content from inception through publication on targeted channels
• Partner with our larger Corporate Communication teams to push content strategically and selectively to key internal and external audiences and stakeholders in the most effective means possible, and serve as a contact for media inquiries related to and coordinate responses as necessary
• Promote and contribute to fostering the ecosystem and raising the standard of end-to-end CVC practice
• Create and lead portfolio marketing services, helping portfolio companies build resilient, values-driven operations Requirements
The successful candidate for this position must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The qualifications and working conditions listed below are representative of those required for the position.
· BA/BS degree in Writing, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field; advanced degree preferred
· Extensive and diversified background with 8+ years in multi-disciplined research, editorial, communications and marketing efforts, either in-house or at a publishing or crisis management firm, or through public relations agency work (preferably with some exposure to working within the Venture Capital (VC) or Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) ecosystem)
· Expert writing and communication skills, including direct experience in creating compelling content, project calendars, and communications strategies
· Demonstrated editorial creativity, including editing press releases, white papers, commentary, articles, etc.
· Strong attention to detail, in particular quality assurance of written deliverables and nuanced messaging of complex topics for a sophisticated audience
· Track record of digesting and translating a wide range of technically complex information into concise insights
· Experience in or strong knowledge of sustainability and environmental issues
· Self-driven and can-do attitude to get things done
· Ability to provide effective input into the visual design of print and web-based deliverables, ideally with some video editing knowledge and/or experience
· Demonstrated working relationship with multi-media representatives preferred
· Strong work ethic, accountability, and ability to collaborate actively and effectively on multidisciplinary teams
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small company environment
· Possess the technical aptitude to quickly assimilate engineering/materials science theory, practices, and information
The Creative Group (TCG), a Robert Half company, matches creative, digital, and marketing professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a freelance, project or direct-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5565. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.