Robert Half Senior Property Accountant in San Jose, California
Please reach out to Chris Fusco via LinkedIn with your updated resume or call (415) 434-1900 extension 21051 to be considered for the opportunity below.
In search of a Senior Property Accountant. The company is a successful real estate platform that invests in residential and mixed use properties in the Bay Area. Located in San Francisco, they are a leader in optimizing multifamily properties in the Bay Area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee team of property accountant and accounting specialist during daily operations, monthly close process and preparation of financial statements and joint venture rollups to ensure accuracy of tenant data and financial statements and identify any corrections or training needed
· Train and mentor accounting team members
· Reconcile, investigate and resolve accounting transactions related to financial statements
· Monitor property and portfolio cash positions, process payables for property portfolios and resolve payment questions
· Prepare complex accounting entries related to property acquisitions, dispositions, refinances, recapitalizations, cash flows and joint ventures
· Review financial reports for joint venture, lender, and third‐party owners including cash analysis schedules, draw requests and other related documents
· Review bank reconciliations and cash deposits
· Review depreciation and amortization schedules
· Review classification of building improvements, tenant improvements, and repairs
· Review ownership entity contributions/distributions in accordance with governing documents
· Work with accounting team and property managers to analyze tenant ledgers and resolve tenant questions
· Undergraduate degree in accounting from a 4-year school
· At least 2 years’ experience as a Senior Property Accountant performing complex accounting; ideally at a well-regarded/institutional company (Carmel, JLL, etc.)
· Yardi experience or similar real estate software experience
· Strong Excel skills (pivot table, vlookup)
· Master’s Degree in accounting and/or CPA
· Public accounting or equivalent experience
· Fund accounting or equivalent experience
· Experience managing staff
Perks and work life balance are important to the company and they are very committed to providing amazing benefits for employees and their families, comprehensive medical, and a fantastic PTO policy as well as an option for FREE RENT! For details on salary, benefits and more detail, please reach out to Chris Fusco via LinkedIn with your updated resume or call (415) 434-1900 extension 21051 to be considered for the opportunity below.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.