Robert Half Legal Secretary in San Mateo, California
A multi-service law firm headquartered in Silicon Valley providing legal services in a broad range of areas of law. We are recruiting for a full-time Trusts & Estates Legal Secretary. This position will be located in our San Mateo office. The primary responsibilities are to perform secretarial and administrative duties to support attorneys and paralegals, including preparing various trusts & estates legal documents and general correspondence.
• Maintains attorney calendars; schedules conferences and meetings; calculates, records and monitors court appearance dates, pleadings and deadlines
• Prepares simple documents such as preliminary change of ownership reports at the direction of the attorney
• Prepares estate planning binders with copies of signed estate planning documents; sends binders and original documents to clients in accordance with the Probate Code and firm policies
• Handles fax, electronic, and in-person filings of court pleadings and service of notices and pleadings in accordance with the Probate Code and firm policies
• Records deeds and other documents with the assessor-recorder
• Works efficiently and effectively using the firm’s systems, software, and procedures; has proficiency in all systems
• Maintains client files and administrative files in accordance with firm policies and procedures
Education, Experience, Skills:
• High School education or equivalent
• Well organized
• Punctual and reliable
• Three years' work experience where heavy keyboarding, telephones and organizational skills were primary duties
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of legal calendaring
• Knowledge of filing in Probate Court
• Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
• Ability to handle the workload for two or more attorneys and/or paralegals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with varying levels of people within the organization
• Team player
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.