Robert Half Paralegal in San Mateo, California
Robert Half is seeking a full-time Trusts & Estates Paralegal for a multi-service law firm that provides legal services over a broad range of areas of law. The position will be 100% onsite and proof of vaccination is required.
The primary responsibilities are, under Attorney supervision, support the firm’s Trusts and Estates Practice Group, its Tax Law Group and others in the firm on estate planning, trust administration, probate, conservatorships, corporations, and elder law probate litigation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities.
• Handles probate administration and trust post-death administration matters, including drafting court pleadings, evaluating and obtaining asset information, drafting accountings, analyzing will and trust documents
• Experience with drafting of federal estate tax return forms and schedules for attorney review and preparation is preferred but not essential
• Manages filings for trust litigation and probate matters
• Utilizes ProLaw proficiently
• Handles conservatorship administration matters, including accountings
• Maintaining contact with clients, and other professionals such as accountants and financial advisors and probate court personnel
• Supervises, directs and assists practice group’s secretarial staff with regard to court filings and service of pleadings and discovery
Education, Experience, Skills.
• Professional; self-motivated; organized; able to manage multiple tasks and cases effectively; able to see projects through to completion
• Strong command of English language
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Prior experience as a trusts and estates legal assistant or paralegal; familiarity with court procedures and rules; a good understanding of wills and a variety of trust documents and related tax law
• California Notary Public commission required (either already obtained, or to be obtained soon after hire)
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.