Robert Half International Senior Accountant in San Mateo, California
If you are interested on applying for this position. Please view my Linkedin under Jayvelle Castaneda and email your resume.
Our client was founded in 1985. It’s subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. They specialize in delivering exceptional, relationship-based service, with a solid commitment to responsiveness and action. Services are offered through preferred banking or wealth management offices primarily in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Newport Beach, San Diego, Portland, Palm Beach, Boston, Greenwich, and New York City. They offer a complete line of banking products for individuals and businesses, including deposit services, as well as residential, commercial and personal loans
Under general supervision, the Senior Accountant will perform a variety of duties in the Accounting Department which include, but are not limited to maintaining the Bank’s accounting records, capturing & recording accruals, daily and monthly reconciliations, and analysis and certification of various General Ledger accounts. The individual will report directly to the Bank’s Accounting Manager, must be extremely adaptable, be a self-starter, and be an independent contributor. The role requires exceptional level of documentation, attention to detail, communication skills, and an ability to work with various business units within the Bank.
· Reviewing technology/software projects in accordance with Bank established accounting policies and ASC 350 and 360
· Play a key role in system implementations that impact the team
· Analyze contracts to determine if it is a lease and identify payments that need to be recorded in accordance with Bank established accounting policies and ASC 842
· Build processes to track costs of projects and ensure proper depreciation & amortization for both software & tangible assets
· Organize and maintain fixed assets, software capitalization, and leases records and accounting subledger systems
· Work with various business leaders of the Bank to discuss projects progress
· Review financial results, perform fluctuation analysis, and present the analysis to the senior management
· Assist with audit requests by addressing any inquiries and providing appropriate documents to internal and external auditors
· Prepare and file annual business personal property taxes across multiple states
· Assist in preparation of annual insurance statement of value by location
· Assist in user acceptance testing for various systems
· Assist in lease accounting efforts including lease abstraction and interpretation, payment of rent, and forecasting
· Analyze data for daily & monthly reconciliations, complete ad hoc reports with analytical components, and prepare trend/variance analysis and write-ups for senior management
Key Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline
2+ years of experience with Audit, GAAP Accounting, Real Estate accounting including understanding of leases, and software capitalization.
Team player, ability to interact with many different business units
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Oracle EBS experience with Oracle Property Manager or equivalent lease management software a plus
Attention to detail
Excellent analytical skills
3 weeks’ vacation, 72 hours sick time (9 days)
401(k) – 4% match, immediately vested
16 hours paid volunteer service
Day off for your birthday (within 60 days)
Tuition Assistance & Repayment programs - $1,200-$3,600 a year!
ESPP – Employee Stock Purchase Plan! – 15% discount on stock purchase monthly!
Commute stipend - $100/month
Wellness program - $50/month
Medical - covered almost at full
HSA Contribution - $1,500/year
For details on salary and benefits, please view my Linkedin under Jayvelle Castaneda and email your resume.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Location: San Mateo, CA
Date Posted: February 19, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00412-9502858949
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance