Robert Half International Senior Fund Accountant – VC Firm in San Mateo, California
Please email Ren at email@example.com with your updated resume or call (415) 434-1900 extension 21262 to be considered for the opportunity below.
Our client is a world-leading venture capital firm with over $9 billion of assets under management and more than 350 portfolio companies.
As a key individual contributor of the Finance & Accounting team, the senior fund accountant will assist in the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department and prepare fund level financial statements.
Some of the duties and responsibilities:
• Taking ownership of assigned funds, understanding the transactions and balances impacting the funds and closing the books of the assigned funds. Performing research on transactions and balances as needed
• Record and book journal entries on investment and exit transactions
• Prepare cash and other balance sheet account reconciliations for funds
• Prepare quarterly and annual work papers and financial statements for funds
• Determine cash needs of partnerships and initiate capital calls
• Review capital account allocations by partner for funds
• Maintain and update limited partner information, investment documentation and capitalization tables
• Maintain securities, warrants, notes and escrow schedules
• Electronically distribute financials, capital calls and distribution notices to LPs
• Assist with portfolio company data gathering, as needed
• Completing portfolio company valuation’s in compliance with ASC 820 valuations.
• Assist with annual audit work
• Assist and execute in various systems and process improvements implementations. Provide suggestions for the improvement of processes and procedures.
• Manage the LP Reporting Inbox and assist LP’s with requests
The ideal fund accountant candidate:
• Bachelors in Accounting
• 3+ years of public audit (VC, PE clients) or currently working in-house within the Venture Capital or Private Equity Industry
• Comfort working in a hands on role helping to drive accounting close and yearly audit.
Perks mean so much to this company and they are very committed to providing amazing benefits for employees and families, free lunches, encouraging professional development, great 401K plan, and fantastic PTO policy. For details on salary, benefits and more detail, please email your updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 434-1900 extension 21262.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location: San Mateo, CA
Date Posted: September 12, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00412-9502685942
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance