Robert Half HR Director in San Rafael, California
* For immediate consideration, please call Lori Cooper on 707-578-3355 and click below to apply *
Our rapidly growing client is seeking an HR Director. Reporting to the CFO, the Human Resource Directors will bring expertise to the Company with respect to compliance issues and scaling from a small to midsize business. She/he will serve as champion, lead/support business initiatives focused on performance and talent, including selection, onboarding and training, coaching/performance management, leadership development, employee retention, employee communication and effective employee relations strategies
• Creatively problem solve new workflow procedures, looking for ways to optimize existing programs, and recommend process improvements or new initiatives in alignment with the Company strategy and culture
• Ensure compliance with all legal and government reporting regulations (multi-state employment laws) relating to human resource functions and that proper policies and procedures are being followed (implement policy edits to Employee Handbook)
• Drive hiring process to meet growth objectives, focused on well-defined R& Rs and job descriptions
• Enhance employee performance review process and establishing annual KPIs, while assisting leadership team in providing employees with development opportunities for growth and productivity across teams
• Act as liaison between Company and PEO (ADP Totalsource), recruiting agencies, employment law advisors and other HR-related third parties
• Create an intranet for secure employee access to HR documents and personnel files
• Educate employees on company policies and provide for open communication between managers/employees and across teams
• Establish formal training program for new hires with emphasis on cross-training and documenting standard operating procedures
• Perform compensation studies for similar size/industry businesses
• Identify new opportunities for HR to add value to the business
• Work with cross-functional teams and special projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
• 8-10 years progressive experience in a management role in HR
• SHRM-CP a plus
• Experience in various HR disciplines – Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Compliance and Training and Development
• Highly competent in Microsoft Suite; knowledge of ADP Totalsource and other HR software programs a plus
• Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
* Our client is located in central Marin County. They have plenty of free parking and are accessible by bridges and public transportation. They offer a great benefits and compensation plan, and a hybrid schedule (must go into the office about 3 times/week *
Please call me today for more information.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.