Robert Half International Payroll Specialist in San Ramon, California
Well established, private mortgage banking firm in tri-valley area is looking for a payroll specialist – this firm has had continuous growth and success since its founded year of 1993. They are a nationwide company, specializing in loan lending services offering a wide variety products suitable for any homeowner! The payroll specialist will be own all payroll related duties below:
What you’ll do:
• Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
• Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
• Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
• Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
• Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
• Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
• Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
• Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
• Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
• Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
• Conduct verifications of employment.
• Distribute and collect timecards each pay period.
• Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
• Balance cash and payroll accounts.
• Complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, and unemployment and medical insurance.
What we’re looking for:
• Proven experience as payroll specialist
• Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
• Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Paylocity, Paychex, etc) and databases
• Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
• Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $30.00 - $35.00 / Hourly
Location: San Ramon, CA
Date Posted: January 11, 2021
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00340-9502813805
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance