Robert Half International Financial Analyst in Santa Fe, New Mexico
Accountemps is looking for a temporary Financial Analyst to join a fast-growing company. In this position, you will conduct financial modeling on various financial products as well as measure, analyze and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. Additional duties include be responsible for advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management. You will be a part of a dynamic team being a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management.
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Financial Analyst who can support world class strategic and financial planning methods, build long-range operating plans to support business imperatives, develop rolling forecast processes to ensure resources each and every quarter are consumed at maximum effectiveness. You will also help with operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process and improved monthly and quarterly reporting. In this role, you will be directly involved in the coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks), and be the finance point person working a cross-functional team (Sales leadership, Business Operations, and Sales Operations) while providing strategic analyses and recommendations. You will provide variance analysis of bookings, revenues and expenses, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting the outlook models to reflect operational adjustments.
· Seeking a highly flexible individual comfortable with large amounts of information, and adept at managing expectations
· Supporting weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment level Bookings and P& L forecasting
· Analyzing performance to date and assessing potential risks and opportunities
· Understanding and explaining internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
· Learning and applying econometric and statistical methods to forecasting
· Enabling effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and decision support
· Provide analytical support during New Year readiness/Year End planning cycle
· Drive the strategy and business planning process
· BA/BS degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance
· 2-5 years of experience in a highly quantitative role
· Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
· Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
· Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
· Strong Microsoft Excel and computer skills (prior experience programming a big plus)
· Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
· High Degree of proficiency in Excel
· Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferable) or experience at a top investment bank also desirable
· Strong interest in data analysis, econometric modelling and statistical analysis
Experience in Oracle/Hyperion/SAP Business Objects/SFDC/Tableau
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.