Robert Half Accounting Assistant in Sarasota, Florida
MAJOR FUNCTION: Processes all provider reimbursements related to School Readiness and/or VPK provider payments. Participates in the preparation of invoices for payment for both state and local funders and generates all related reports. Attendance monitoring. Processing of overpayments and adjustments. Works on reconciliation tasks. Assists with new providers onboarding, verify compliance and appropriate document.. Supports the Finance Manager in implementation of the fiscal operations of the Early Learning Coalition of Sarasota County. Receives day to day task supervision from Finance Manager and assists in appropriate coordination of various fiscal or admin tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with the operational planning of individual reimbursement activities and reports, as well as planning for completion and support for duties within the Finance Department.
• Assists with operational planning needs of the Finance Manager as relates to organization’s fiscal needs and procedures.
Provider Approvals, Payments and Related Tasks
• Processes provider payments (both VPK and SR) and handles reporting requirements, including data entry and processing of monthly attendance sheets, disbursement of funds, reconciliation of disbursement and requirements, creation of local invoices, quality assurance monitoring, and timely response to provider payment related requests.
• Produces recurring and special reports using designated system reports and any other state database systems
• Assists potential VPK and School Readiness (SR) providers with new provider request process, ensuring all approved providers meet required compliance and documentation. Participates in new SR and/or VPK provider orientation.
• Responsible for compliance of VPK and SR provider files, including required documentation. Processes provider requests, including but not limited to provider rate changes, holiday processes, VPK calendar or teacher changes that impact payments.
• Responsible for post payment attendance monitoring of VPK and SR providers
• Reconciliation of payments to ensure accuracy, monthly and annually, tied to state database system.
• Participates in SR provider contract management and compliance monitoring, including follow up.
• Detect inconsistencies to intervene proactively and minimize improper payment due to potential fraud
• Through cross training, is able to fill in for other staff when needed.
Need to be comfortable with numbers and data entry - at least 2 years of accounting experience is required
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.