Robert Half International Medical Biller/Collections Specialist in Sarasota, Florida
Accountemps is seeking a Medical Billing and Collections Specialist for a company in Sarasota, FL. This is a temporary to hire role that can pay up to $21/hour on a permanent basis.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to):
· Balance daily census to Nurses’ census, post daily cash deposits, attend department head meetings, audit resident accounts and make adjustments when necessary.
· May assist in the completion of initial and re-authorization Verifications as needed, including all pertinent documentation necessary for approval.
· Working knowledge of Private Payers, Medicaid/Medicare and Managed Medicaid Medicare billing, coinsurance billing, CIFs, appeals, TARs, authorizations, etc.
· Ability to read and evaluate EOB’s
· Responsible for meeting Accounts Receivable aging goals on 120+ balances. Be knowledgeable of each account’s status and take action on any items that have not been paid.
· Research activity on accounts, i.e. patient liability, claims submissions by Third party biller, follow-up and correspondence.
· Enter and maintain account data on the accounting computer system.
· Disburse, receipt and maintain records of resident trust accounts.
· Perform month end closing procedures: post charges/ancillaries, prepare for Third party biller to send Medicare claims, process month-end closing reports and close in 5 business days.
· Deliver excellent customer service, written and oral to residents.
· Accurately research resident accounts and clarify outstanding issues that may hinder final payment.
· A high level of accuracy and quality control is required, including error free resident statements.
· Develops and maintain positive resident relationships.
· Must have the ability to retain multiple aspects of client requirements and carry out assignments with minimum guidance/supervision.
· Maintain patient privacy and follow all HIPAA laws and facility policy.
· Ability to effectively communicate with other departments in the facility.
· Experience as a Skilled Nursing Facility Accounts Receivable Specialist.
· Knowledge of billing Medicare, HMO, Medicaid and Private payer sources for Skilled Nursing level of care.
· Detail oriented with an organized mind-set
· Ability to manage and train accounting staff for backup.
· Experience with Microsoft Office.
· Accounting and cost reimbursement experience preferred.
· Point Click Care experience a plus.
· High School diploma or GED equivalent.
· Speak, read, write and understand the English language.
· Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume to Emily.Lofton@roberthalf.com!
Medical Billing, Medical Collections, Medical Insurance Verification, Patient Collections, Patient Collections, Post Payments
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $15.00 - $22.00 / Hourly
Location: Sarasota, FL
Date Posted: November 19, 2020
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 01050-0011626047
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance