Robert Half Jr. Underwriter in SCHAUMBURG, Illinois
Exciting career-building opportunity at a rapidly growing firm located in Downtown Chicago!!
To apply to this role, please send your resume to John Sadofsky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for analyzing and monitoring credit worthiness of assigned customers/accounts and recommending and/or approving credit within established guidelines. Includes analyzing financial statements and completing ratio and trend analysis of statements to determine if a customer is eligible for financing.
Major Areas of Accountability
• Underwrite high quality credit narratives in support of new and existing loans. Review and analyze various transactions. Includes review and analysis of applications, financial statements, balance sheets, D& B reports, etc.
• Spreading business financial statements and tax returns using Moody's software to analyze multi-year trends and ratios from financial information.
• Understand cash flow from operations, which includes identifying recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow.
• Research industry trends and risks.
• Perform collateral analysis including accounts receivable, inventory, real estate and investments.
• Run credit reports and gather/analyze KYC information.
• Spread personal financial statements and tax returns for individual guarantors, develop borrower and guarantor global cash flow analysis.
• Work with other areas to monitor delinquency, delinquency trends and repossession activity.
• Conduct annual financial statement follow-up to borrowers and track and monitor the receipt by the Bank of this information.
• Prepare written recommendation as to whether the proposed loan should be approved as presented, and provide alternate loan structure recommendations.
• Present to loan committee for loan approvals. Communicate decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
• 1+ years wholesale/commercial credit underwriting experience and prior credit approval authority.
• Detail oriented with the ability to analyze cash flow, leverage and gauge customer strength.
• Experience in lending to a wide variety of industries, loan types, and sizes of companies being preferred
• Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound business judgments while protecting the interests of the bank.
• Strong technical skills.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.