Robert Half International Quality Assurance Tester in Schenectady, New York
Software Test Engineer w/ TS or Q clearance.
The individual will work in a collaborative environment to deliver software to internal customers. The current project has automated systems that have been developed to test internal software used by a wider engineering community. The goal of this work effort is to standardize multiple methods used to test software and computer models.
• Develop standardized testing harness for internal software and engineering models
• Support periodic releases of software (typically four (4) to six (6) per year) by ensuring automated software testing harnesses are performed on multiple platforms in order to support software deployment.
• Develop Training modules and presentations for internal and external customers
• Design, develop, and implement automated test plans, test scripts, and automation testing techniques using JAVA and COTS automation tools to ensure the quality of software products.
• Implement and identify innovative tools, frameworks, automation, and utilities to increase velocity while maintaining and improving quality standards.
• Help establish a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality and perform feature development within sprints to support the high company standards.
• Perform API level testing.
• Actively participate in meetings with engineers and management.
• Have a proactive attitude and a willingness to “go the extra mile” to get the job done.
• Create end-to-end System Integration test cases, to use as a design for developing regression automated tests.
• Provide training on use of new testing harness
• The position also requires five (5) years of experience with one (1) or more of the following tools including JAVA and Python programming languages.
• A preferred candidate will have AssertJ experience and experience working in a Linux environment. Familiarity with other programming languages including FORTRAN and C++ is recommended.
• Excellent understanding of the Agile software testing process and lifecycle, from smoke test, to integration to production deployment.
• Strong organization and time management skills while working in a rapid software development environment.
• Demonstrated experience with implementing Continuous Integration solutions
• Must be able to identify and learn new technologies quickly.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
Clearance Required: Active Top Secret or DOE Q clearance is required.
Education: The position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, or a related discipline, plus seven (7) years or more of software development experience.
Automated Test, Python
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Location: Schenectady, NY
Date Posted: January 11, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 02960-0011662946
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT