Robert Half Senior Systems Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Robert Half is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in implementing, configuring, and supporting of Windows servers, Active Directory, VMware, VxRail, Storage (NetApp), ability to create turn-over documentation, Visio drawings, and provide engineering support within our IT division. The individual must also be able to create documentation/run books as part of the delivery of this engagement. They will also be working on incident tickets and general service requests along with the rest of the systems engineers. Some Linux experience is welcome but not required.
• Build, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of the Windows environment in a cross-domain environment.
• Day-to-day support of Windows, VMware, Dell VxRail, Storage (example NetApp, Nimble)
• Create/update documentation; Visio drawings, turn-over documents, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems, DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP
• Troubleshooting experience including root cause analysis, debugging utilities, etc.
• Experience interacting with end users to provide technical support and gather feedback
Education & Experience:
• 5+ years of directly related experience in design and administration of, Windows Server, Storage and VMware environments.
• Strong, influential written and verbal communication skills, with technical writing experience
Required Knowledge of:
• 5+ years experience in Windows Systems Administration
• Highly versed in Windows administration and best practices
• Scripting language knowledge (PowerShell preferred)
• Virtualized environments (VMWare preferred)
• Management of Storage such as NetApp, Nimble, Cohesity
Required Skill in:
• Interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
• Managing projects, upgrades, and implementations that impact the production environment.
• Utilizing network tools to monitor servers, firewalls, and network components for errors, security issues, and other problems; review device, network, and application logs; review usage and utilization statistics.
• Troubleshooting, resolving, and responding to infrastructure issues and problems; coordinating solutions with outside vendors, users, and information technology staff
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.