Robert Half Payroll Supervisor/Manager/Director in SHEPHERDSVILLE, Kentucky
Description Purpose and Scope:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Payroll Tax and Reporting Specialist. In this position, the Specialist helps to plan, develop, and implement all activities of the department in a highly demanding and fast-paced environment. Under the general direction of the VP of People and in collaboration with the Controller, the Specialist ensures that proper controls and processes are in place to produce payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
Ensures payroll reporting and payments are complaint with company policy, federal, state and IRS regulations. Responds to auditing and regulatory inquires. Ability to interpret, communicate, and execute changes to payroll system as needed. Stays current on changing payroll/tax legislation, while keeping the team informed.
Responsible for the auditing of payroll registers, quarterly tax filing/reports and W-2’Microsoft. Ensures taxable benefits are accounted for properly.
Maintains and reconciles payroll funding activity and provide timely feedback to the accounting team on all payroll transactions and adjustments.
Responsible for state tax and SUI registrations.
Completes payroll journal entries and provides to Finance along with the appropriate backup paperwork each bi-weekly pay period.
Perform detail reconciliation from prior to current payroll.
Prepares various tax filings as necessary.
Completes the review of quarterly and annual tax reports.
Support regulatory payroll audit requests as required.
Payroll System Maintenance as needed.
Assists with ensuring employee payroll records, payroll system and database up to date and accurate.
Canadian Tax Reporting.
US Tax Reporting.
Works closely with Accounting and Finance.
Performs back for the bi-weekly processing for all locations utilizing UKG.
Interfaces with employees to resolve any issues or questions that arise.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong knowledge of Payroll principles, laws compliance.
• Strong analytical skills, outstanding organizational skills and superb attention to detail are a must.
• Tact and diplomacy for dealing with internal employee issues - respect for confidentiality a must.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume environment.
• Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs.
• Advanced Excel experience.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Multi-state payroll processing including local taxes (Preferred).
• Degree in Accounting/Business Administration (a plus).
• Experience using UKG (a plus).
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’Microsoft degree, in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• 3 to 4 years of experience in Payroll administration.
Ideal candidates are physically able to sit in front of a computer every workday for long hours at a time.
Other Relevant Information:
• Highly flexible personality that adapts easily to change.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
• Self-starter and able to manage their workload independently Requirements Quarterly Taxes, Tax - Payroll, Change Management, MS Excel
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.