Robert Half grow to controller in SHOEMAKERSVILLE, Pennsylvania
Northern Berks County employer is seeking a Cost Accountant to grow into the controller within 2 years. Under the direction of the Plant Controller , the successful candidate will be responsible for cost accounting functions for manufacturing facility. The incumbent will be responsible for all month-end closing activities, the annual physical inventory, and preparation of the annual operating budget. Additional duties include assisting in both internal and external audits, preparation of the monthly audit binders, and maintenance of the standard cost system. This position also backs up the cost accounting function for other plants. Key interfaces are with plant management, engineering, quality, technical, EH& S and manufacturing personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform all month-end closing activities for assigned locations. This includes preparation of journal entries, management reports, and the monthly audit binder.
• Conduct review and analysis related to production order activity, spending variances, balance sheet accuracy, and the need for accruals.
• Coordinate the annual operating budget including Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) and plant cost center budgets.
• Improve and maintain the standard cost system for assigned locations. This includes daily cost updates, the annual standard cost change, development of work center overhead rates, and cost analysis as requested by management.
• Coordinate the annual physical inventory and audit of cycle counts at assigned locations.
• Maintain compliance with US GAAP and all company accounting policies.
• Cross-trained backup for cost accounting functions at other locations.
• Maintain procedural documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance initiatives.
• Assist with requirements of both internal and external auditors during quarterly and annual audits.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Maintain an awareness of safe work practices and preventing conditions that may result in an unsafe situation or harm the environment.
• Minimal travel (less than 5% annually).
If interested in this or similar roles, please send a Word version of your resume through Linkedin
Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
3+ years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and ability to accurately apply the principles.
Experience with an ERP system desired. SAP is preferred.
Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.