Robert Half Division Controller in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is working with a highly-respected and rapidly growing organization focused within the Construction, Contracting, and Property Development industry-related areas. This Division Controller position located in the Sioux Falls, SD area. this role will be a full-time, permanent position located primarily in office. The position oversees the Accounting & Finance team members of the division and will be responsible for both the preparation and review of GAAP financial statements and related financial reporting as well as high-level strategic financial planning and team, process, and systems evaluations and improvement over time.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
• Oversight and preparation of GAAP financial statements for monthly, quarterly, and yearly submission and Executive review
• Oversight of accounting processes and procedures such as balance sheet statements, P& L statements, Cash Flow Statements, etc.
• Provide direct financial results and recommendations to key Executives such as the COO, CEO, and President for strategic analysis
• Prepare financial documents such as business reports, financial forecasts and statements to understand the financial state of business
• Work closely with Operational Managers, Project Managers, and other non-financial leaders to drive reporting and operational efficiencies
• Oversee and provide review and guidance to staff on all other AP, AR, invoicing, reconciliations, fixed assets, cost reports, project completion, etc.
• Perform multi-state sales & use tax reports
• Perform yearly internal and external audits of financial statements, operational governance and controls, etc.
Prerequisites & Desired Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field required
• Additional accreditations such as a CPA, CMA, Master's degree, or other accreditation a plus, but not a requirement
• Prior experience in any/all industries within Construction, Property Development & Management, Contracting, or Service industries highly desired
• Proficiency working within large-scale ERP and Accounting Software and ability to analyze and make process improvements
• Prior leadership experience as well as experience working with Executive/Senior Management individuals throughout career required
• Ability to train, develop, and mentor Accounting & Finance staff as this role will be the voice of the team and will drive growth and staff decisions
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.