Robert Half International Paralegal in South Bend, Indiana
Robert Half Direct has an excellent full-time job opportunity for a paralegal to assist an attorney in preparing cases and filing claims. The paralegal may also assist in preparing cases for hearings and trials.
• Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing systems
• Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
• Write reports to help lawyers prepare for trials
• Draft correspondence and legal documents, such as settlement agreements and letters to clients
• Get affidavits and other formal statements that may be used as evidence in court
• File exhibits, briefs, appeals and other legal documents with the court or opposing counsel
• Call clients, witnesses, lawyers, and outside vendors to schedule interviews, meetings, and depositions
• Preliminary investigation
• Obtain all documentation from a client concerning the account, including information about the debtor, invoices, promissory notes, payments and related correspondence
• Investigate public records for information and about debtor’s financial status, including real estate records and prior judgments
• Draft demand letter to debtor
• Monitor date for response to complaint and if appropriate, draft motion for default judgment
• Subject to legal rules/authority, appear for attorney at initial hearing, appear and answer and proceedings supplementary for plaintiff
• Prepare and file documents in local state and federal courts
• Draft journal entry, default or otherwise
• Obtain copy of certified judgment
• Update collection management system
• Draft wage and/or bank garnishment forms
• Draft Proceeding Supplementary, Appear and Answer and Final Orders
• Draft Notice of Lien on real property
• Negotiate payment arrangements for attorney/client approval
• Correspond with client informing of status of collection
• When debt is collected, draft satisfaction of judgment to release judgment and if necessary, motion to vacate garnishment order
• Files documents with various courts
• PC (Microsoft Windows and Office Products – including Word, Excel, etc.), Desktop
• Mail Metering Machine
• Collection Software
• Payment Processing
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Basic legal understanding
• Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new computer systems
• Action oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for tackling challenges; not fearful of acting with minimal supervision; willingness to learn.
• Approachability: Is easy to approach and to talk to; spends extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; build rapport and trust well; is a good listener.
• Client Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; readily deals with possible client issues and looks for ways to improve client relations; acts with the client’s needs in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with and gains their trust and respect.
• Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
• Listening: Practices attentive listening; has the patience to listen to people’s issues; can accurately restate the opinions of others even if there is a disagreement.
• Peer Relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent their own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with little distraction; is a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers, encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $31,000.00 - $36,000.00 / Yearly
Location: South Bend, IN
Date Posted: January 11, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 31000-9502814663
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance