Robert Half International Account Manager in SOUTHFIELD, Michigan
Robert Half OfficeTeam has an exciting opportunity with a National Client of ours who is the world's largest logistics platform and located in Southfield Michigan! Our client is seeking an Associate Entry Writer to join their team! The Associate Entry Writer will be responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance through U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Partner Government Agencies (PGA). The Associate Entry Writer will serve as a knowledgeable customer advocate, committed to providing excellent levels of customer service through subject matter expertise and strong sense of accountability and urgency. Our client's dynamic and comprehensive training program will set you up for success! The Associate Entry Writer will participate in a mix of group activities, self-guided learning, plus coaching and mentoring to help you become an expert in their systems and processes and provide on-going regulatory training. Many of their successful Customs Entry Writers go on to expand their careers within Global Compliance, Sales or Account Management, which makes this role a terrific introduction to start, refresh or enhance your career! This role is starting off remote, but once the client is able to return to the office, the work location will be in Southfield, MI.
Responsibilities as an Associate Entry Writer includes:
• Serve as the primary customs representative for your customer account base, ensuring prompt response to customer inquiries and follow through on issues until resolution to customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrate mastery with respect to the customs brokerage products’ standard operating procedures (SOP) and best practices.
• Direct ownership of Customer Standard Operating Procedures and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) databases for customer account base to ensure full compliance of CBP and customer requirements.
• Begin to develop the skill to serve as a custom’s trusted advisor, transitioning from the day-to-day data entry fundamentals to true customs brokerage account management of your clients.
• Analyze and validate import documentation and data to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations prior to entry submission to U.S Customs and Partner Government Agencies (PGA).
• Adhere to a high level of operational excellence internally and externally, with respect to on-time performance, accuracy, and customer service.
• High school degree or GED equivalent -
• Minimum of 1 year of customs entry-writing experience
• Bachelor's Degree is preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
• Excellent communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
• Proven track record of strong customer service skills, interacting with customers and being client focused
• Excellent follow up with customers and the network
• Critical-thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
• High level of attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
The Associate Entry Writer will also value a diverse and inclusive work environment. If this sounds like you, apply today!
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.