Robert Half Help Desk Analyst III in Southlake, Texas
Job responsibilities include (but are not necessarily limited to):
• Server Swap outs
• Ensure offsite backups are running smoothly
• Familiar with Windows Server operating systems
• Active Directory
• Escalation point from Account Managers
• Field questions from external customers through various channels, determining possible solutions and guiding customers through resolutions
• Guide installation, configuration and maintenance of personal workstations, servers, ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems
• Administer LANs according to TCP/IP networking protocols
• Plan and implement network security in compliance with URAC, HIPAA, and PCI requirements, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, etc., as needed
• Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties
• Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field, and at least two years of experience in an IT support role, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent understanding of computer networking and proven knowledge of TCP/IP
• Proficiency in WANs (Wide Area Networks) and expert-level knowledge in LANs (local area networks)
• Desktop support or similar experience required, strong background in workstation management and hardware and OS installations and upgrades preferred
• Must have exceptional communication skills, both in-person and over the phone, with experience using Microsoft Windows and associated programs
Requirements Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Virtual Server, Active Directory, Offsite Backup, LAN - Local Area Network, WAN - Wide Area Network, VPN Technologies, VPN - Virtual Private Network, PCI, PCI Compliance, Desktop Support, Basic Network Troubleshooting, Basic Network Troubleshooting, Network Connectivity, Network Configuration, Network Infrastructure, Network Hardware, Network Printers Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.