Robert Half International Human Resources (HR) Manager in Spokane Valley, Washington
A well-established family owned manufacturing company in the Spokane Valley is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager! Job Responsibilities:
• Manage the staffing and onboarding function; perform recruitment of high-level positions, establish relationships with recruiters, make hiring recommendations, ensure compliance of and continuously improve the onboarding process
• Performance management; implement review forms and criteria, train supervisors on review process, assist supervisors with reviews, enforce policy and administer disciplinary notices and performance improvement plans alongside supervisors
• Development and training; work with supervisors and company leadership to identify and implement developmental opportunities and training
• Compensation; participate in salary surveys and analyze results, recommend pay increases and pay ranges, recommend total compensation strategies and best practices
• Compliance; prepare affirmative action plans, maintain EEO requirements, and establish goals and action plans. Create, maintain and revise company policies and guidelines. Maintain current legal postings and forms for all stages of the employment life cycle. • Policy; work with leadership to establish new policies and practices and update existing policies as needed. Implement these policies consistently.
• Benefits; manage and negotiate annual benefit renewals and plan offerings, analyze benefit trends and methods of cost containment, maintain broker relationships, manage electronic benefits enrollment and EDI carrier file feeds, provide training on benefit programs to employees, foster wellness programs and initiatives
• Leave and Accommodation; management of leave policies including FMLA, WAPFML, and COVID-19 protocols. Tracking of leave and staying current with everchanging legal requirements. Manage ADA and accommodation process.
• Safety; create, manage and maintain safety programs, policies and training, act as Safety committee chairperson responsible for safety meetings, ensuring items that need attention are prioritized, management of workers comp claims, incident investigations and work with retro program team.
• Implement daily practices of Lean such as 5S, continuous improvement, and contribute to ongoing process efficiency
• Support and participate in department goals as well as company goals
• Look for opportunities to learn and share your knowledge and skills • Treat others with respect and maintain a detail oriented attitude • Be honest in all dealings • Other duties as assigned
• 5 (five) or more years’ experience in an HR Manager or Generalist role; preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field of study
• SHRM CP/SCP or HRCI PHR/SPHR detail oriented HR certification preferred
• Demonstrated ability to build a positive and trusting rapport with employees and management
• Ability to work under multiple deadlines providing continuous follow up with many parties simultaneously
• Superior communication skills and demonstrated ability to positively interact and always keep a cool head with employees, outside parties, and leadership
• Remain current on employment related laws, comp and benefit trends and industry best practices
• Intermediate computer navigation and software skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, online benefit reporting applications and timekeeping/HRIS software systems (preferably ADP), LMS
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.