Robert Half International Cost Accountant in St Helena,, California
* Great opportunity to join a growing team and be trained on winery cost accounting *
Please call Lori Cooper on 707-578-3355 for more information and apply below.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Maintain month-end inventory reconciliations for dry goods and finished goods at all facilities
• Analyze and communicate dry and finished goods wine cost variances per reconciliation and budgeting
• Prepare month-end inventory reconciliations for grapes, bulk wine and barrels at all production facility locations
• Track bulk wine storage costs and reconcile to contracts
• Actively communicate monthly production costs and variance analysis to management as well as develop annual budgeted costs for production SKU’s
• Provide ongoing financial reporting and analytical support to Controller and CFO
Cost Accounting & Inventory
• Cost finished goods bottled on a monthly basis
• Review packaging components received at invoice vs. standard cost, propose standard cost changes for packaging as needed
• Maintain all packaging and cost of goods costs for accurate inventory reporting
• Analyze all bulk wine, finished goods and packaging component cost variances and provide insights
• Reconcile monthly physical inventory count for wine and non-wine items
• Prepare and post related journal entries
• Oversee part number and bill of material set up for inventory items
• Prepare analysis for all inventory accounts to document activity, change and explanation for inventory reconciliation book
• Maintain retail pricing table(s) for wine and non-wine items; update as requested
• Maintain historical wine COGS showing component breakdown
• Provide accounting support to internal business partners on cost of finished goods
Min 3-5 years of GL Accounting
Proficient in Excel and ERP systems
Desire to grow and take on more responsibility
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.