Robert Half International Benefits Specialist in St. Paul, Minnesota
The HR PRactice of Robert Half is partnering with a long time client to identify a Benefits Specialist. In the critical role, the Benefits Specialist will work as part of the Human Resources department and is responsible for overseeing and administrating various employee benefits, including retirement savings, disability, life and health insurance, workers compensation, and FMLA and other leaves.
To be successful as a benefits coordinator, you should be very knowledgeable about employee benefits and the various laws and regulations which apply to them. Top candidates will also have great communication skills in order to educate employees about their benefits. This position will also provide Executive Administrative support as needed.
• Assist employees with enrollment in benefits programs, such as health insurance and retirement savings.
• Submit and track Workers Compensation claims.
• Manage employee leave programs; FMLA, parental leave, personal, military, etc.) in accordance with state and federal requirements.
• Manage the employee service recognition program.
• Conduct meetings to explain benefits to employees.
• Assist with open enrollment process, updating rates, and employee communication information in HRIS system (UKG).
• Liaising with insurance and benefit vendors on behalf of employees and the company.
• Answering questions or concerns from employees about their benefits.
• Keeping employee benefits records up to date.
• Accounting the total cost to company of various benefits options.
• Ensuring that the company's benefits policy complies with laws and regulations.
• Informing employees of any changes to their benefits.
• Respond to routine verification of employment requests.
• Assist with recruiting; job postings, background checks, etc.
• Assisting with payroll (backup)
• Assist with retirement and cafeteria plan audits.
• Assist with executive administrative tasks as needed.
• Prior work in human resources, with benefits experience.
• Professional certification (such as CEBS, CMS, or GBA) is favorable.
• Familiarity with payroll and benefits software
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
• Experience with HRIS (UKG a plus)
• Degree in human resources or related field
Apply directly to be consider for this role or reach out directly to Jason Pfieffer at 612-446-5536 to learn more about our client.
Requirements Benefits Administration, Benefits Coordination, HR Compliance, Workers Compensation
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.