Robert Half Business Analyst in St. Paul, Minnesota
• Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
• Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
• Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
• Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
• Experience working on Agile teams.
• Understand how to write appropriate User Stories that include a description of what is needed as well as acceptance criteria at the story-level.
• Understand the importance of working with Business to gather information that is critical to completing requirements.
• Includes creating flow diagrams of business processes and customer journeys to enable communications to be planned when changes or updates need to be sent to customers.
Requirements - Ability to write basic to moderately complex SQL queries, as well as technical skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Jira (or similar tool)
Prior experience with Agile methodology
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
Comfortable working on a variety of simple to complex projects- Willing to take ownership, proactive, flexible, adaptable, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate to all levels in an organization
4+ years of business analysis experience
Demonstrated ability to elicit and document requirements in a clear and concise manner
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.