Robert Half Human Resources (HR) Manager in Stockton, California
We are seeking a direct hire HR Manager for a large family owned company serving the Greater California region and located in Stockton, CA. the HR Manager is responsible to the VP of Finance and is responsible for partnering with leadership and working closely with employees at all levels of the organization with human resources issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Onboards new employees
• Creates, maintains, and audits employee personnel records
• Oversees bi-weekly payroll
• Provides counsel on employee relations matters abiding by our company policies, values, and the directives of senior management
• Executes tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations
• Oversees leaves of absence
• Oversees Workers’ Compensation claims
• Administers the 401k plan
• Administration of employee benefits programs and oversees open enrollment
• Assists senior management with the annual performance review process
• Offboarding of employees, including exit interviews
• Responds to unemployment claims and employment verification requests
• Ensures compliance with labor laws, employee relations, policies, and procedures
• Oversees the Safety Committee
• Creates Employee Handbook and assists senior management formulating policy
• Attends and contributes to monthly Managers’ meetings
Worker's Compensation, Worker's Compensation Claim, Leave of Absence, 401k - RRSP Administration, Onboarding, HRIS Payroll System, Payroll Management, California Labor Law, Federal Labor Law, Employee Handbook, Maintain Employee Handbook, Unemployment Claim, Unemployment Insurance, Unemployment Compensation, Unemployment Hearings, Safety Committee
Please contact Robert Half Finance & Accounting at 209.279.5191 for a confidential discussion.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.