Robert Half Supply Chain & Customer Service Manager in STOUGHTON, Wisconsin
Supply Chain & Customer Service Manager role in Stoughton, WI. For immediate consideration contact Jon Wright at 608-338-1052.
Robert Half is currently working with a manufacturing company that is seeking a Supply Chain & Customer Service Manager (SCCSM). This position is an integral operations partner providing leadership to help improve customer service levels, working capital and driving labor productivity through optimization of lean material flow. The SCCSM will organize and implement strategic initiatives and standardized approaches in raw material purchasing, planning/scheduling, inventory management, customer service and distribution/logistics.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
• Owning the raw material inventory
• Must be familiar with most of the key materials including: Resin, Paper, Plasticizer, Stabilizer, Nylon, Top Coat, and Fabric
• Synchronize all areas of the internal supply chain: planning, scheduling, purchasing and customer service in order to maximize efficiencies and low cost of operation
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies. Lead initiatives to ensure continuity of supply throughout the operations to achieve uninterrupted supply of quality materials and production runs
• Negotiate with suppliers for price, lead-time, and specifications
• Organize and manage inventory control and warehouse functions (storage and control of all purchased inventory)
• Manage inventory accuracy and control over all purchased products and finished goods
• Conduct supplier qualification including investigating suppliers’ capability to furnish materials, finished parts or service for the purpose of establishing adequate and reliable sources of supply. Prepare and solicit bid proposals. Find secondary or alternative suppliers as needed
• Establish and follow procedures/policies to meet IATF 16949 compliance standards
Experience, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrates personal flexibility in approach and ideas and responds positively and supports changes in procedures, process, technology, responsibility and assignments.
• Demonstrated ability to influence senior management, teams and individuals across multiple cultures, disciplines and geographies
• Strong organization, time management skills and exemplary attention to details
• Strong problem solving skills; the ability to ask the right questions, help frame logical conclusions and arrive at effective solutions
• Experience managing processes and people
Education and Technical Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Operations Management, or related field OR equivalent experience
• 10 years progressive facility supply chain operations leadership
• 5 years’ experience as ERP/MRP (SAP, Oracle or JDE) Super user
• Experience with the manufacture and distribution of consumer goods in a manufacturing setting
• APICS or related certification desirable
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.