Robert Half Accounts Payable Clerk in Strongsville, Ohio
Become an integral part of a rapidly growing team at a company in the Metal Fabrication industry as an Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk on a contract / temporary to hire basis. This long-term position is offered through Robert Half. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will process expense reports, resolve A/R issues, update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, process checks, and match, batch, and code invoices, aging reports, contact vendors/customers that are past due. You will be working alongside a strong staff of hard working individuals who have a team minded approach. Based out of the Strongsville, Ohio area, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be a long-term contract / temporary to hire opening.
How you will make an impact
· Communicate discrepancies to management team, identify slow-paying customers, and recommend collection candidates
· Strengthen and grow relationships with clients by communicating with customers regarding past-due accounts
· Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts receivable process identifying areas of performance improvement
Some Duties Include but are not limited to:
· Gather and verify invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
· Perform daily cash management duties, including the recording of bank deposits, updating and distribution of cash receipt logs, and posting of cash to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
· Monitor and collect accounts receivable by contacting clients via telephone, email, and mail
· Maintain accounts receivable records in Macola Progression software to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared
· Close A/R module each month after verifying that billing is complete, cash receipts are posted, credit and debit memos are applied, and reporting is complete
· Provide back-up support to the receptionist whenever necessary
· Support other accounting and finance team members with projects as needed
Prior experience in an A/R role preferred
AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
Great attention to detail
Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
General familiarity with Enter Vendor Invoices
Cash Payments experience
Bill Payment experience required
Articulate customer service and interpersonal skills, especially when interacting with those in the technical and financial backgrounds
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.