Robert Half International Maintenance Purchasing Clerk in Sunnyside, Washington
Our Sunnyside, WA Ag client is looking to add a Maintenance Purchasing Clerk to the team!
Provide sourcing and purchasing support for all Maintenance Department activities. Compile and maintain records of maintenance transactions and activities.
• Order all required supplies and document cost.
• Receive supplies and document where item is used.
• Route POs, quotes, and receipts to Accounts Payable Dept.
• Maintain working inventory of supplies on-hand.
• Move or transport material or supplies to other departments.
• Verify nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests.
• Monitor parts inventory to determine if material on hand is in sufficient quantity.
• Consult catalogs and interview suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
• Write purchase orders and send copy to supplier, purchasing, and department originating request.
• Process major purchase notification and approval forms (MPNA) prior to purchasing any material over $2000.00. If an emergency occurs that an item needs to be purchased that is valued over $2000.00 limit then an MPNA must be completed and submitted to the Finance Dept within 48 business hours.
• Confer with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
• Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates.
• Place orders with suppliers or mail order firms.
• Answer phone and take messages.
EDUCATION, REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED
2+ years of customer service experience preferred but not required
Minimum of two years of experience specializing in Purchasing/Inventory/Material & Warehouse Management or related experience
3+years of recent responsible clerical experience preferred but not required
Basic mathematical skills
Excellent communications and organizational skills
Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Windows operating systems
Must have strong attention to detail and be reliable
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.