Robert Half International Release of Information Specialist in Syracuse, New York
Officeteam has an exciting opportunity in their downtown Syracuse location. This position does offer to work from once you are trained and up and running. If you are interested in working in a Retention proof industry this would be a great position for you.
ROI Specialist (Release of Information Specialist)
-responsible for working in medical database to pull and release medical information to the requestor. Needs to be able to have accurate data entry skills. Epic experience is highly preferred. Medical terminology also a huge must have.
The Release of Information Specialist I (ROIS I) initiates the medical record release process by inputting data into Verisma Software. The ROIS I works quickly and carefully to ensure documentation is processed accurately and efficiently. This position could be based out of a their downtown facility, at a client site, or in some instances may be done remotely.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Process medical ROI requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Process requests utilizing software applications.
• Support the resolution of HIPAA-related release issues
• Organize records and documents to complete the ROI process
• Read and interpret medical records, forms, and authorizations
• Provide exemplary customer service in person, on the phone and via email, depending on location requirements
• Interact with customers and co-workers in a professional and friendly manner
• Utilize reference material provided by Verisma to ensure compliance and confidentiality is always maintained
• Attend training sessions, as required
• Live by and promote company values
• Perform other related duties, as assigned, to ensure effective operation of the department and the Company
• HS Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
• RHIT certification, preferred
• At least 2 years of medical record experience
• At least 2 years of experience completing clerical or office work
• Experience using general office equipment including desktop computer, scanner, Microsoft Office Suite to complete tasks
• Experience in a healthcare setting, preferred
• Knowledge of HIPAA and state regulations related to the release of Protected Health Information, preferred
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be detail oriented
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $14.00 - $16.00 / Hourly
Location: Syracuse, NY
Date Posted: February 8, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 02890-0011698738
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative