Robert Half Sr. Internal Auditor in Syracuse, New York
Mostly remote role! As long as you can make it into this organizations Rochester or Albany office (whatever one is closest to where you live) 2 days a week, you can work from home 3 days a week. Some weeks you'll work remote 4 days a week. This is NOT with a public accounting firm.
Chris Preble from Robert Half is working with one of the fastest growing organizations in NYS. This is a newly created Internal Audit Senior position and there will be substantial growth here for you. Also, given you'll be in the audit department, you'll be working with all the divisions of the organization and have other opportunities if you ever wanted to get out of audit down the road. This company has outstanding benefits, 401k match, bonus, etc. The vibe here is very casual...not at all a suit/tie kind of place or culture. Unlike a lot of other internal audit roles, you will NOT be traveling a lot for this job.
General job notes are below but as long as you have audit experience, they'll want to chat with you. If coming out of public accounting, preference is if you have large and/or publicly traded clients.
What You'll Be Involved In...
• Perform the planning and execution of financial and operational audits including development of audit objectives, scope and procedures for manager and/or director review.
• Perform review of workpapers to ensure they are performed in compliance with the audit program and departmental standards.
• Analyze technical problems and arrive at workable solutions. Evaluate complex information, identify key issues that need to be addressed and develop courses of action that effectively address the issue at hand. Is capable of making sound, common sense decisions.
• Analyze overall findings and document audit results and recommendations for corrective action.
• Prepare audit reports including key audit findings, recommendations for improvement and management responses.
• Seek opportunities to enhance technical skills and stay current with emerging accounting and auditing issues affecting the internal auditing profession.
• Perform technical accounting research as needed to support audit conclusions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Experience in internal audit or public accounting
CPA is preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.