Robert Half International Human Resources Specialist in Tacoma, Washington
OfficeTeam is working with a client in the construction field located in Tacoma, WA! We are seeking a detailed part-time Human Resources (HR) and Payroll Specialist to report to the Controller. The Human Resources (HR) Specialist can expect some of the following duties:
• Overall management of payroll system
• Manage timesheet process for all employees
• Maintain and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll
•Transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
• Process bi-weekly payroll
• Track sign-on bonus eligibility and notify employees
• Provide information and answering employee questions about payroll and related matters
• Calculate payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions
Human Resources (HR):
• Respond to employment verifications and other requests for information
• Credentialing of staff
• Tracking of certificates and ensure all are up to date
• Prepare all office necessities for new hires
• Manage and track expense reports
• Assist with day to day HR operations
Skilled with office applications and software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
Knowledge of Human Resources (HR) Administration
2+ years experience with HR Payroll Systems
Knowledge of benefits administration
Able to maintain an approachable and appropriate attitude when interacting with all levels of personnel in a rapidly changing environment
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Able to work independently as well as part of a team with flexibility and willingness to learn and to take initiative on variety of tasks and projects
Good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your nearest OfficeTeam location at 888.490.4154 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/officeteam to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $21.00 - $25.00 / Hourly
Location: Tacoma, WA
Date Posted: September 14, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 04430-9502687414
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative