Robert Half Accounting Clerk in Tallahassee, Florida
A well respected, growing service organization is looking to hire an accounting clerk. In this role, you will be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assisting in the process of accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R). This dynamic team environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. This position reports to the accounting manager.
· Support accounts payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
· Support accounts receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
· General accounting and administration support: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
· Correct transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
· Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes.
· Prepare statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
· Post financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
· Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
· Assist in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers
· Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
· AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
· Excellent data entry skills
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP are preferred
· Ability to multi-task and attention to detail are critical
· Entry-level considered
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.