Robert Half Sr. Accountant, SEC Reporting in The Woodlands, Texas
For immediate confidential consideration, see Edward Welch Linked In profile for contact information.
Robert Half currently has a permanent opportunity for a Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting who's looking to build their career in a thriving, dynamic setting in the The Woodlands, Texas area. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for providing strategic support and assistance for the company’s SEC filings and overall financial reporting policies and procedures. The role reports to the Manager of Financial Reporting. This position offers you great long-term potential and a strong compensation and benefits package. We are looking for a candidate that possess excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support the successful growth of the firm.
What you get to do every single day
· Active participation in preparation and review of financial reports and SEC filings on Form 10-K and 10-Q, including XBRL tagging.
· Compiles 10Q / 10K support schedules and footnotes; coordinates information from others and maintains support that ties to the final report.
· Assist in the analysis of financial results for quarterly MD& A disclosures.
· Work directly with independent auditors for their audit and reviews of SEC filings.
· Assist in preparation of summaries and analysis for the audit committee, board and investor presentations.
· Preparation of technical accounting memos, as needed.
· Accurate and timely completion of 10-K and 10-Q forms to meet SEC requirements.
· Effective and efficient maintenance of tie-out support electronically.
· Timely execution of communication and dissemination of SEC, and other relevant information.
· Effectual, proficient support of accounting department and various reporting and analytical projects.
· Other duties/projects as assigned.
BA/BS in Accounting and CPA are required.
3-5 years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 public accounting experience
External SEC reporting experience highly preferred
Foundational knowledge in Consolidated Financial Statements
Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
Strong time management skills preferred
Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing
SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
Ability to handle multiple projects within strict deadlines
Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
Demonstrated ability in strong analytical, quantitative and social skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.