Robert Half International Bookkeeper in Toms River, New Jersey
Robert Half Direct is partnering with a law firm specializing in family-law seeking bookkeeper to join their team. This position will be responsible for managing the Firm’s processes and systems related to billing, accepting payments, collections of accounts receivables, and payment of the expenses of the firm and its real estate. The Bookkeeper will work cooperatively with the CFO and billing specialist. The billing software the firm uses is PC Law and their account software is QuickBooks.
The ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of related accounting experience at a Law Firm and a Bachelor's degree in accounting or related discipline.
• Prepare the monthly/ quarterly/ annual budget and variance;
• Pay the weekly bills in accordance with the budget;
• Work with the CFO in the reconciliation of the QB being maintained by the Bookkeeper
• Maintain the QB and PCLaw accounting software;
• Manage the deposits into the various accounts in accordance with the assigned Profit First percentage
• Credit client accounts with all payments received by booking into the trust account and transferring to pay the outstanding invoice
• Reconcile the trust account along with all other bank accounts of the law firm and real estate businesses
• Oversee and manage Paychex to confirm payroll, payment to the safe harbor account quarterly tax payments
Matrix of Tasks:
• Pay bills
• Reconcile trust
• Enter bank and credit account information into QB
• Enter deposits and payments to PCLaw
• Pay bills and contact vendors regarding billing inquiries
• Prepare the bills for the billing specialist
• Prepare an account summary and Aging report for the upcoming bills
• Work with Paychex to confirm upcoming payroll, taxes and retirement funding
• Prepare monthly budget
• Confirm the Profit First percentages do not need modifications for the upcoming month
• Reconcile QB for the CFO
• Provide missing data to the CFO
• Have a call with the CFO
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related discipline
• 2+ years of related experience in a professional service business, preferably in a law firm
• Ability to demonstrate proper grammar, proof-reading, critical thinking, and business writing
• Organized and efficient, comfortable with various types of accounting software, and demonstrate proficiency with QuickBooks
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Toms River, NJ
Date Posted: January 15, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 31000-9502799392
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance