Robert Half International Accounting Clerk in Torrance, California
We are seeking an efficient, fun, exciting person to join our team in an entry-level accounting position. This position is located in Torrance off of the 405/110 freeway and is with a midsize manufacturing company with a team of about 5 people in accounting. If you are looking for an opportunity to shadow a Sr Accountant and quickly be exposed to higher level responsibilities in accounting then this position may be a great fit for you!
If you meet the qualifications and feel comfortable responsibilities below, please apply today and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-719-1400 to speak with Joseph or anyone in Accountemps!
• Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable.
• Completing purchase orders.
• Assisting with budgets and year-end analysis of budgets
• Completing bank reconciliations
• Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
• Help managing company ledgers
• Handling accruals and prepayments
• Processing business expenses
• Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
• Verifying bank deposits.
• Posting daily receipts
• Managing day-to-day transactions
• Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team.
• Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
• Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods.
• High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
• Previous cash handling or billing experience preferred
• Strong math skills
• Ability to use 10 key calculator
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and other departments
• Working knowledge of PC software; Excel and Microsoft Word preferred
• Takes initiative to research data using various resources
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $15.00 - $17.50 / Hourly
Location: Torrance, CA
Date Posted: October 15, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00460-9502726755
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance