Robert Half International Bookkeeper in Torrance, California
A large, established company in the Torrance area is looking for an accomplished Full-Charge Bookkeeper. The role will play a vital part of the company's continued success and be the keystone of their accounting processes. The Full-Charge Bookkeeper will process accounts payable and accounts receivable, perform bank reconciliations, preparing the trial balance, general ledger reconciliations, and performing month-end close procedures along with other special projects as needed. If you are looking for a fulfilling career and meet the qualifications below, please apply today.
For immediate consideration, please call our office at 310.719.1400 and ask for Joseph or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the Job reference ID in the subject line and then attach your resume.
Day to Day responsibilities will include:
• Recording financial transactions on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis for multiple small business accounts
• Process documents including check stubs, sales receipts and computer printouts and then generate invoices
• Preparing month-end and year-end close
• Monthly bank reconciliations
• Maintain and update reports including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cost of Goods Sold
• Record timesheets for exempt and non-exempt employees for small businesses
• Process government documentation including federal and state
• Complete and file City of Los Angeles business license returns including 571 L
• Generate payroll reports including 1099s, 1096s, W3s, and W2s
• Utilizing Excel and other Microsoft Suite Applications to create and update reports as needed
Requirements for this position include:
• 5+ years of bookkeeping experience
• 3+ years using QuickBooks(ideally Desktop or Online)
• Prior experience supporting month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
• Degree in Accounting or similar field is preferred.
• Certifications in Bookkeeping, QuickBooks a plus
• Previous experience working in a CPA firm a plus
• Previous Experience handling 571-L's is a plus
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $24.00 - $28.00 / Hourly
Location: Torrance, CA
Date Posted: October 15, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00460-9502726774
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance