Robert Half Java Developer in Trenton, New Jersey
Robert Half is hiring! We are looking for Java Developers with 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
The successful candidate will be responsible for configuring and customizing software solutions in a Java environment. This is a technical role which requires object-oriented programming skills, understanding of object-oriented analysis and design, J2EE or other comparable enterprise application architectures, SQL query development, Web services, and XML experience.
• Develop, test, debug and document integration interfaces in accordance with architectural guidelines and practices.
• Understand and work from business requirements documentation (Use Cases, UML as well as traditional software specifications).
• Apply industry standard object-oriented programming best practices and design patterns.
• Plan, initiate and conduct unit and integration testing of applications as well as facilitate system testing.
• Support and troubleshoot production implementations.
• Work to resolve complex technical issues and understand system performance associated with the solution.
• As a part of an agile project team, share technical and product knowledge with other team members.
• Participate in technology/tools evaluation and software technical proof of concepts.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to less senior developers.
• Provide technical leadership on projects as necessary.
• Provide accurate and reliable estimates.
• Consistently deliver work on time and of high quality.
• Bachelors Degree in related field required.
• 5+ years of object-oriented development experience.
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns, software architecture concepts, and web application security.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming languages (such as Java or C#) and object-oriented architectures. (such as J2EE or .NET)
• Strong knowledge and experience with SOA, including messaging and web services.
• Knowledge and experience with HTTP and FTP.
• Strong understanding of relational database technologies and experience writing SQL queries.
• Strong UML knowledge.
• Strong XML knowledge.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience working as part of a high pace Agile development team.
• Experience with Guidewire technologies a plus.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.