Robert Half International Payroll Specialist in Tualatin, Oregon
Salaried Professional Services – Payroll Administrator
Accountemps Salaried Professional Services (SPS) is looking to add a Payroll Administrator to the practice. The SPS Payroll Administrator will work as a full-time employee of Robert Half, on a project-to-project basis. This is a full-time position with benefits and Choice Time Off. Expected project tasks will be to process payroll, garnishments, payroll taxes, journal entries and more!
As a full-time employee of Accountemps you'll be part of a multi-billion-dollar global leader in specialized financial staffing. We offer a Fortune 500 caliber benefits package, guaranteed compensation, bonuses, paid overtime, generous paid time off, educational reimbursement and much more.
Assignments would typically include:
· Maintains and audits time keeping data and closes, signs off time-cards and exports bi-weekly files to the payroll system
· Gathers payroll data from various sources and processes them for paycheck calculation
· Submits payroll, previews for validation, obtains approval from the Payroll Manager and transmits payroll
· Enters direct deposit including pay card entries, and performs payroll entries such as deductions and refunds
· Understands the Tax withholding requirements and sets up the taxes for employees based on their work and resident locations
· Interprets garnishment orders, understands disposable income and poverty level income threshold and sets up the garnishments to comply with the orders from the courts and other statutory entities
· Performs routine audits and process adjustment entries (year-to-date taxes, taxable wages, earnings and deductions) on employee records
· Assists with reconciling W-2's and other year-end activities
Issue immediate checks for employees in states that require immediate check at termination
· Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedure documents
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of payroll experience preferred
· Proficiency in Excel
· Previous experience in ADP Payroll
· Solid Analytical skills, excellent communication skills and a high level of professionalism
· Fluency with Tax withholding requirements; previous experience setting up taxes for employees based on their work and resident locations is also required
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.